Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Music, tonic for the soul, music videos, well, you decide.

This is the second* blog post on the Life Explained, explains music, sort of.  It started out as a three part series on music, sort of.  But, an experienced blogger (thank you Jeremy Crow) extolled the virtues of multiple outlets, and it seemed like a great idea, so we, here at Life Explained, are branching out.

My brother in law sent me this video of my sister performing karaoke.  He did not really explain where she was, or why she was on stage lip syncing, or why he thought it was a good idea to record video footage in portrait orientation.  Maybe we will get to the bottom of all of these pressing questions someday, but it won't be today, probably.

Anyway, this was a precipitous occasion.because, as previously noted, in many places, I have this new video app** that cost $6.00 or $7.00 dollars (I don't really remember).  It is great, easy to use, fun and flexible.  Now, I had a video for experimentation.  After taking all legal precautions (I asked my brother in law if I could doctor the video, and post it online, he said "OK") we went to work.

There were several built in limiting factors.  If it was insulting my wife would lecture me, and if it contained music that did not have some resident cool, my sister would lecture me.  So, I chose the sensational, effervescent Audra Mae and The Almighty Sound Machine (who has more than her fair share of cool, maybe more than the legal limit) singing the unequaled "I Won't Grow Up."  A song that makes me keep time on the steering wheel, and sing along, tapping my foot and wishing I would have learned how to play a kazoo.

Audra Mae is, to me, a cross between Janis Joplin and Linda Ronstadt.  When she sings the world is a different place, and things make just a little more sense.  She has the voice of an angel with a taste for bourbon, and a penchant for late nights, and I am going to head over to iTunes and see if I can find another album, that is how good she is.

One more factor that had to be taken into consideration, Audra Mae can be a little earthy, and my sister is adverse to swearing, which does limit the portion of the song available.  Anyway, here is the video of my sister, with music by Audra Mae, and special effects provided by Life Explained, with a little help from our friends.

If you ever meet Audra Mae tell her I am a big fan, if you ever meet my sister tell her it was a great video, and if you think something is too difficult, just quit, why waste time, there are easier things out there.

*If you read the first post about The Boy From the Crowd, rest easy, I have figured out how to download the song, and it is on my phone, and part of my regular shuffle. Check out their video, "Revelator" and their website, it is really great.

** It is called Cute Cut, and it has so many features.  You should check it out if you have an iPhone or iPad. I plan on changing my sister's video as a way to learn all of the features so there will be more, never fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment