Friday, September 25, 2015

Down With the Sickness: The Further Adventures of Crippler Crow


Ok now we need to talk about a serious topic today as it pertains to music in the bodybuilding world. I mean there are many of you out there that have probably gone to the gym, you grabbed your iPod on the way out the door, and you have started the long arduous process towards listing weights. Many people have come up to me and said, "Jeremy, you're completely awesome and I want to be just like you, as I am sure most people do, do you mind if I ask you a question?" Yeah it isn't easy having adoring fans everywhere you go, but it is a cross I bear. I will always throw some bread to my onlookers though, and offer to answer such pressing questions. This one of course was a usual question of "What type of music do you listen to when you work out?"

The reality of the matter is that I do not listen to music while I work out. I tend to insult the iTards that have their headphones in and just walk into everyone, or cut people off because they are drown in noise. The gym is a serious place where people can get injured by other people's carelessness, but this doesn't mean that I don't have the tunes playing in my head. For the most part I lumber around imagining what music would play when I walk to the ring in my WWE premiere (yeah Down With the Sickness, that works). Then perhaps I imagine what music is playing when they introduce me as the BIG BAD on some Marvel Super Hero movie or another (definitely a Tool song, maybe Schism) but that is all part of the goals process. I have actually found that all the top 40 borderline Hip Hop crap that they play in the gym is probably perfect, or at least it gets stuck in my head like it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment